Each class begins on a stool with a gentle warming-up sequence to awaken the senses and stimulate the nervous system. This is followed by a series of fluid spinal motions (arching, curling, side-bending, twisting, and spiralling) which increase the range of motion and prepare the body to explore more complex movements with agility and ease. The class continues on the floor with exercises that expand on the spinal motions, gradually adding more complex sequences, incorporating more movements of the hips, knees, and shoulders. The floor exercises are followed by a rhythmic standing sequence and cardiovascular exercises.
The GYROKINESIS® Method is an excellent tool to improve flexibility, strength, coordination, breathing, and balance.
GYROKINESIS® Basic Principles
- Stabilisation through contrast – reaching and lengthening
- Decompress and create space into the spine and joints for easier and better movement connections
- Breath creates movement and movement creates breath
- Stimulate internal organs functionality
- Strengthen the neuromuscular system
- Increase energy flow and wellbeing in the entire body
GYROKINESIS® Essentials is a new program created by Gina Muensterkoetter, personal assistant to Juliu Horvath, which could be considered the basic level of the GYROKINESIS® Method.
It is divided in three parts:
- Decompression of the Lumbar spine
- Decompression of the Thoracic spine
- Decompression of the Cervical spine
Each programme can be taught separately or elements can be added in a regular class for a better understanding of the method and awareness of the body. It is particularly recommended for certain processes of rehabilitation or for people not able to execute the floor work in Level 1. Movements are not big but they are very deep into body and fascia connections. All conducted with specific breathing patterns to increase the efficacy and benefits of the exercises.